Sunday 2 October 2016

Do you feel you have lived alone all your life?


We are born alone(except twins) and we die alone(unless a disaster). The life is in between these ends in between we ahave our parents,siblings, have friends,teachers, coworkers, relatives, your spouse, kids etc.
Man is a social animal and hence can not live in isolation. We depend on many for our survival and daily life. No one is totally alone. But at times though we have all these people around we are alone. We can discuss certain topics with others but not the whole.
Our problems are our own people may sympathize and empathize but evetually you are alone.
The story of Vathmiki best explains this.
Once there was a robber who looted travellers. One day, he tried to loot a traveller, but the traveller said, "I am Narada. Why do
you commit the sin of robbing people ?" The robber replied, I have to support my family."

 Narada said, "Go and ask your family if they share your loot. "The robber went and asked his father, "I bring money by robbing people, will you share my guilt? His father was furious and shouted, " Get lost, you robber !"
His mother too was enraged and said, "Why should I? I never stole a thing in my life. " His wife said,"It is your duty to support me." When he returned to Narada, the sage said "Everybody is alone in this world. Worship God, it is he who stands by you always. " The robber prayed for many years. Then he heard a voice from heaven, "Your new name is Valmiki and you will write the story of Rama." Valmiki wrote the Ramayana.

No comments:

Post a Comment